Last time we spoke about making change in 2019 and sticking it out until you see results. We looked at changing our mindset and shifting our energy to be directed to our goals.
In all my years of trying different things that either worked in the short term or did not work at all, I finally decided to let go of my pride (yes, its pride rearing its ugly head when you think you have the answers and choose to ignore what the successful did), and actually began to implement three steps that are working out for me. I am not yet a millionaire and still have struggle of my own but my mind is in the right direction and I have implemented success habits.
- Wake up an hour earlier than usual and pray/meditate/work out
Since I started doing this my mind is more astute. I am a lot more calm, I think before I speak and I have learned how to monitor and work my emotional intelligence. I am at peace and now make decisions from the inside out vs. the outside in. Prayer and meditation help you to be settled. You do not have to use that full hour to just pray but you can also write down your daily goals or ideas. It helps to journal your thoughts especially when you are feeling uneasy about a situation or about life in general. Every biography of successful people I have read wake up early and invest the first hour of their day in themselves. Don’t do Facebook.
- Do 1 thing 1% better per day
I learned this from James Altucher. Google him. He’s well worth it. While you’re at it, subscribe to his newsletter. Your thinking will become better. You’ll never be the same. In one of his newsletters Mr. Altucher said that by doing one thing 1% better each day, you grow your skillset a lot faster. Lets say for example you are wan to speak better in public. Find someone you have observed who does it smoothly, find out how they did it and everyday seek to do it better than the day before. If you focus on getting better at a skill in small steps daily, you will save time and the results will amaze you.
- Every. Single. Day
If you are not reading or at least listening to an audio book then you are half dead. Reading gives you an unfair advantage over those who stopped right after college. Write down what it is you want to be known for and then look for books that will build up that knowledge. It is reported that Warren Buffet reads books from all kinds of discipline because he always wants to be ahead. Reading improves your vocabulary. It gives you ideas. Edge. Best of all, information.
Have a lovely weekend. Never forget that for each day you take one step toward the right direction, you are close to your breakthrough.
Happy 2019! I am very glad that you made it to this year, even made it to reading this post if you’re like most people at this time of year, you probably have a list of goals that you would like to smash. It get exciting doesn’t it? First month of the year and you are thinking of making more money, having better relationships, starting a business or getting a new job. All exciting.
Then the excitement goes away. There is no more looking forward to anything. Your goals drop dead. You’re bored with life. You are back at where you started or progressively getting worse.
Please understand that life is not easy nor was it designed to be. However, find comfort in the fact that for every problem you face there is a solution. And for every desire/goal you have there is a formula.
You cannot live life by chance and hope for the best. Someone I spoke to recently told me that she would rather not set goals because she gets disappointed all the time and I encouraged her by saying that she is robbing herself of opportunities to grow, learn and to actually achieve things. Wishful thinking and hope deferred is not good for the soul.
So what do you need to do to really get tangible results?
- Write down what you want to achieve, with a reasonable time frame and put it up where you can see it everyday: if you’re not reading your goals to yourself at least twice a day then you are essentially telling your sub conscious mind that it is a joke.
- Change your mindset, change your life: I cannot stress this enough. What I am currently doing is downloading every book possible that successful people I follow online are reading. I now see myself as the person that I would like to become and I am rewriting my story. You should do the same. Where your mind goes, the body follows.
- Be consistent and take relentless action. Listen. Even if you feel you are wasting your time, the same time that you use wasting it by not taking action is going to pass anyway. So it is better to change your habits now, to read the books now, to get the mentor now, to do the work now and to reap the results later. Believe it or not, harvests always come. And its either it’s a better or worse one than the day before.
I want you to remember that time works in 90 day cycles. You are, right now, the result of your thoughts, habits, and close associates from 90 days ago. Let that sink in.
I’ll catch you tomorrow. Stay positive, write down your goals, and decide to relentlessly pursue the kind of life you want.
As a man thinketh so is he. There has never been anything more true than this fact, from the book of Proverbs. Author Napolean Hill even named a book inspired by this verse, on the subject matter of ”the mind’.
Everything that you do begins with a thought. Your words and actions reveal the kinds of thoughts that have made up your mental paradigms – or your mindset. If you understand that what has been programmed into your mind determines the kind of life you have then you will be careful to purposely choose the kinds of thoughts you habitually meditate upon.
What is meditation? Put simply, it is thinking about a specific thought or idea, for a long period of time until it becomes part of your sub conscious mind. The subconscious mind is the part of the brain that stores every bit of information – and it does not know the difference between a lie and the truth. So if you constantly have thoughts such as , “you are a loser, you will never make it, you keep failing, you always attract bad relationships” it will work overtime to make sure that you attract those thing! Remember that we live in a field of quantum physics and our thoughts go out into the field as magnets. So they attract experiences exactly like they are!
In a perfect world, how do you see yourself? How do you see your life? How do you see your health and quality of relationships. I would like you to stop for a few minutes and complete this mini exercise. I call it the Life Matters Exercise because it covers the most important questions you need to ask yourself every year. Ideally, find a quiet space so that you will not be disturbed and do not allow any past experience or what you believe about life to influence the answers.
Life Matters Exercise
This should be answered in the present tense as if you are the person you wish to become in future. DO NOT base any of your answers on your present circumstances or your mind will produce the same results!
1. How is your relationship with God?
2. How often do you talk to Him?
3. Describe how his peace has changed the quality of your life.
4. How has your self esteem changed since finding out from His Word what he thinks of you?
5. how does your soul feel?
6. How is your life affected because of honing your spirit?
Describe how you see your finances.
1. How much money do you have in your current account?
2. How much do you have in savings?
3. What investments do you have?
4. How many streams of passive income do you have?
5. What is your credit score?
6. What sorts of things can you afford?
7. How much do you give to charity?
8. How often do you sow seeds or give offerings at church (if you’re a Christian)
9. How is your emotional state due to the kind of money you have and the quality of life it affords you?
10. Which currency do you earn your income?
1. How much do you weight?
2. What is your body fat percentage and muscle mass percentage?
3. What does your skin look like?
4. How does your body feel on a daily basis?
5. What kinds of food do you eat?
6. Do you receive compliments because of your physique?
7. What is your emotional state in relation to how your body looks and feels?
8. How often do you work out?
1. Describe your spouse (intellect, spirituality,personality,everything)
2. How are your relationships with your parents?
3. How are your relationships with your siblings?
4. Do you have a fulfilling relationship with yourself?
5. How do you get along with your colleagues?
Now that you have your answers, you need to make a plan to actually fulfill these goals.
- Make it a fact to learn as much as you can on all areas we have covered. So for example, if one of your answers is to have 3 streams of passive income, go and find out the different types, pick one and start.
- Find a mentor. Not just a passive mentor like the people you follow on YouTube, but actual mentors who have created the results you wants. It’s a known fact that having a mentor causes you to get there in half the amount of time it would take than doing it by yourself.
- Focus on your personal development more than anything else. You attract success and the things you want by the person you become. I would suggest reading books and listening to teachings by the following people: The late Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, John Maxwell, Les Brown, Robert Kiyosaki and many more.
- Create a plan – decide when you want to see these results. It takes time to change but it is worth it. Never be hard on yourself and reward yourself for small victories. If you want to change your life you have to change the system in how it is run. The points that I mentioned above will sow new habits into your schedule that will cause you to propel forward.
Happy 2017! Yes I have said this the second month of the year but better late than never right?
This year I want to focus on personal change. I’m doing this because I understand life works in seasons and sometimes we go through dips that can last up to many years and it often affects us. I want you to know however, that with God it is never too late to revive anything dead in your life. I don’t care what you have gone through; as long as you get up the next day, His mercies for you are new. So this year we are focusing on personal change. I will be talking about change strategies that will lead you to become the person you need to be to attract the life you want.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and remember, that your Creator only has good plans for you, but you must give Him a chance. “For I know the thoughts and plans I have for you. Plans for good and not for evil. To give you a hope in your final outcome” Jeremiah 29:11.
What you don’t know WILL kill you. I am not talking about trying to find out what a partner is up to behind your back but about your life. Far too many people live on autopilot instead of being deliberate; you know, get up, go to work or to your business, complete your tasks, work hard, play, hope to get a raise, save for a ‘rainy’day, put money in your retirement account (if you have one) and then try to make sense of life.
I call that living on autopilot because 95% of people who fall under this category do not have. And if you do not have goals then you will build the dream of someone who dares. Hard reality but its true. To be honest, the world changes so much that we need to know what is happening so that we can keep up and win, rather than fall behind.
Look at the economy of our beloved country Botswana; individuals are being laid off at a blink of an eye, the cost of living is rising while salaries are getting lower and there are more young people who are dissatisfied and desperate. Desperate for answers. Desperate to earn a living. Desperate for dignity. Desperate for change.
Here’s what I’ve learned the most painful way in my 20s (well Im now 29 and I am doing things differently). Nobody is responsible for your success. and you will not get what you want from chasing after it. To do so is not wise because it is not out there, but it begins with you. Money and general prosperity begins with how you think things work. Please read that again.
When I said earlier that I learned the hard way I meant that there are certain ways things work. I’ve tried and I’ve made errors. But now I know the path I am taking so here is what I can advise you to focus on. I encourage you also to do your own independent research.
- Set 5,10,15 and 20 year goals: this is very important because you have to write these down so you know which direction you are headed. You can modify them as you go along but if you do not have a plan someone else’s plan will have you.
- Learn success habits that will turn your goals into reality: I now spend hours a week listening to personal development recordings, speaking to my mentor and building in the habits I need to accomplish my dreams. It is not easy but so far I have noticed a change in myself.
- Find out about investment strategies that work: You will be shocked to discover that if you can raise a certain amount of money and begin long – term investing with well reputed investment managers, and you are consistent and stick to your plan, you can get passive income years from now.
- Get multiple streams of passive income: Take time to see what you enjoy doing. You can try network marketing, making money online, real estate… the list is endless but of course you must do your research and be wise. The aim is to spend a few years setting up the systems so that you can live off of the income for the rest of your life.
- Save for short-term, not long-term: Please do not make the mistake of thinking that your savings are going to provide your retirement money. Savings are a short-term solution and should often be used as capital to invest.
- Set your kids up: Before you have children I encourage you to set up a trust for that child, if possible. Or while your child is still young do so. That trust will set them up to start something of their own once they are at an appropriate age and certain level of maturity and will save them the indignity of begging someone else to give them an income.
There are many more things that you should know but these are my top 6 rules that I swear by.
Drop your thoughts!
What is your definition of success? First let me share mine. For me, SUCCESS is when I smile at the end of the day because I have used my gifts endowed to me by my fabulous Creator to make a difference in someone’s life while making a fresh buck! (Chuckles) Seriously, when I think of myself as successful I imagine turning what I love into an enterprise while transforming lives, with a loving hubby and cute kids.
What is YOUR definition of success? Do you have a vision for your life? Are you willing to work towards that vision? Have you thought of goals that you can implement to see that vision come to pass?
Please do not let life happen to you because you can literally write your own story. Did you know that because of the universal principles that God has set, whether you work with or against them you will still get a result? You may be thinking, “Uh..yeah..that’s common sense”, but honey that is not so common to 98% of our population and I will tell you why. If this was so obvious then why do most people live such miserable, defeated lives? How come most people remain with the same mindsets and attitudes even after ten years? I believe that most people are too lazy to find out how to implement success principles in their own lives and are often too afraid to make an effort or to even take the first step. The same people then marvel at the few who get incredible results.
This should not be you. Get wisdom, get wisdom, GET WISDOM. Find out what you need to do to achieve measurable goals and get to working them. The road there will be tough; believe me I know. There will be days you will feel like giving up. Other times you will need someone to pick you up. Nevertheless, keep going. Better failed having had tried than being mediocre and ‘comfortable’. Success really starts with your attitude and then the rest follows. So, again, what is YOUR definition of success?
Cheers to that!
I hope that this far you have had a great 2014 and that you keep working on your goals no matter how daunting the task.
I had a conversation with a beautiful young lady earlier today and she was very sad. Concerned, I asked her to share with me her burden. She told me how she had started off so well with her goals and was now miserable because all that she worked towards was at a standstill. That bred feelings of incompetence, hopelessness and sometimes insecurity.
I then responded by reminding her that although she was not seeing the results she anticipated she should first be proud of the fact that she had got this far. I congratulated her on starting as most people do not even start anything they desire to accomplish. I also asked her to evaluate what she could improve as maybe the methods she was using were not serving her anymore.
I chose to share this story with you because, like my friend, many of us become discouraged when we ‘fall’ or when it takes like what seems forever to reach a goal. But we must also learn to count our small victories because success really is about achieving what we have when outside of our comfort zone. Remember; the most successful people in this world have failed numerous times; they just learned the lessons that came with those failures. Be of good cheer because you will overcome.