Today I want to brush upon creating boundaries for your life. We all need boundaries; in the way we spend our money, to how we allow people to have our time, to what we devote our time to. Someone who does not have boundaries is never going to enjoy their life because they have opened the door to manipulation from others.
From my own experience I have learned that human beings enjoy salvaging what they can from people who seem weak or make no stand in their lives. It really is a problem; particularly when it comes to being manipulated or bullied by people into doing things they do not want to do. I am going to ask you some questions…
1. Do you often find that you are manipulated by your friends or family into doing things you do not want to do?
2. Do people often abuse your kindness or generosity?
3. Do you constantly feel annoyed by certain people and do you allow them to take up too much of your time?
4. Are you in relationships that are draining you?
5. Do you often allow people to dictate to you what you ought to o with your life because you are afraid of saying no?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you need to spend some time alone to figure out how you can build some boundaries around your life so that you can enjoy your life more. If you have any problems trying to figure that out, then I will give you some handy guidelines. I have used some of these in my own life and these tips have been really helpful.
How to create boundaries in your life
1. Never be afraid to say no when you need to.
2. If you do not want to do something, don’t do it.
3. No matter how much someone pleads, if you cannot do it, do not do it. Especially when it involves you having to take on a task that is not related in any way to your vision for your life.
4. Never allow people to overstay at your house. Let people know your schedule and that you need your personal time.
5. Never be afraid to tell people the truth. If you feel used by them, kindly let them know. If they cannot change their attitude, let them go.
Your success depends on how much you want it. The boundaries you create for your life lets other people know how they must treat you. If you do not have boundaries then you will always be unhappy. Have a blessed week!