As a man thinketh so is he. There has never been anything more true than this fact, from the book of Proverbs. Author Napolean Hill even named a book inspired by this verse, on the subject matter of ”the mind’.
Everything that you do begins with a thought. Your words and actions reveal the kinds of thoughts that have made up your mental paradigms – or your mindset. If you understand that what has been programmed into your mind determines the kind of life you have then you will be careful to purposely choose the kinds of thoughts you habitually meditate upon.
What is meditation? Put simply, it is thinking about a specific thought or idea, for a long period of time until it becomes part of your sub conscious mind. The subconscious mind is the part of the brain that stores every bit of information – and it does not know the difference between a lie and the truth. So if you constantly have thoughts such as , “you are a loser, you will never make it, you keep failing, you always attract bad relationships” it will work overtime to make sure that you attract those thing! Remember that we live in a field of quantum physics and our thoughts go out into the field as magnets. So they attract experiences exactly like they are!
In a perfect world, how do you see yourself? How do you see your life? How do you see your health and quality of relationships. I would like you to stop for a few minutes and complete this mini exercise. I call it the Life Matters Exercise because it covers the most important questions you need to ask yourself every year. Ideally, find a quiet space so that you will not be disturbed and do not allow any past experience or what you believe about life to influence the answers.
Life Matters Exercise
This should be answered in the present tense as if you are the person you wish to become in future. DO NOT base any of your answers on your present circumstances or your mind will produce the same results!
1. How is your relationship with God?
2. How often do you talk to Him?
3. Describe how his peace has changed the quality of your life.
4. How has your self esteem changed since finding out from His Word what he thinks of you?
5. how does your soul feel?
6. How is your life affected because of honing your spirit?
Describe how you see your finances.
1. How much money do you have in your current account?
2. How much do you have in savings?
3. What investments do you have?
4. How many streams of passive income do you have?
5. What is your credit score?
6. What sorts of things can you afford?
7. How much do you give to charity?
8. How often do you sow seeds or give offerings at church (if you’re a Christian)
9. How is your emotional state due to the kind of money you have and the quality of life it affords you?
10. Which currency do you earn your income?
1. How much do you weight?
2. What is your body fat percentage and muscle mass percentage?
3. What does your skin look like?
4. How does your body feel on a daily basis?
5. What kinds of food do you eat?
6. Do you receive compliments because of your physique?
7. What is your emotional state in relation to how your body looks and feels?
8. How often do you work out?
1. Describe your spouse (intellect, spirituality,personality,everything)
2. How are your relationships with your parents?
3. How are your relationships with your siblings?
4. Do you have a fulfilling relationship with yourself?
5. How do you get along with your colleagues?
Now that you have your answers, you need to make a plan to actually fulfill these goals.
- Make it a fact to learn as much as you can on all areas we have covered. So for example, if one of your answers is to have 3 streams of passive income, go and find out the different types, pick one and start.
- Find a mentor. Not just a passive mentor like the people you follow on YouTube, but actual mentors who have created the results you wants. It’s a known fact that having a mentor causes you to get there in half the amount of time it would take than doing it by yourself.
- Focus on your personal development more than anything else. You attract success and the things you want by the person you become. I would suggest reading books and listening to teachings by the following people: The late Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, John Maxwell, Les Brown, Robert Kiyosaki and many more.
- Create a plan – decide when you want to see these results. It takes time to change but it is worth it. Never be hard on yourself and reward yourself for small victories. If you want to change your life you have to change the system in how it is run. The points that I mentioned above will sow new habits into your schedule that will cause you to propel forward.